The Care-leaver Covenant is a way companies can support 16 to 25-year-olds leaving care to become independent.
Organisations can pledge support including apprenticeships, work experience or free or discounted goods or services.
Free government scheme but you may have your own business costs related to the practical offer your business makes to care leavers.
Employers will provide:
- a safe work environment
- an induction which includes explaining relevant policies and procedures
- practical help that makes a difference to the life of a care leaver
Benefits of Care-Leaver covenant
You create and support a diverse and loyal workforce for your business.
Read how companies have been making a difference to the lives of care leavers
Offer a Care Leavers Covenant
Find out how to join the Care Leavers Covenant and tailor what opportunities your business would like to offer to care leavers.
Alternatively, contact the Care Leavers Covenant via telephone on 0800 077 3557
- T Levels: industry placements
- Sector-based Work Academy Programme (SWAP)
- Skills Bootcamps
- Higher Technical Qualifications (HTQs)
- Supported Internships for learners with an education, health and care plan
- Care-Leaver covenant
- Employing prisoners and prison leavers
- Free courses and additional training for your employees