Skills Bootcamps offer free, flexible courses of up to 16 weeks for adults aged 19 or over and who are either in work, self-employed, recently unemployed or returning to work after a break.
They give people the opportunity to build up valuable sector-specific skills based on local employer demand in areas including digital, construction and green skills.
They provide a direct path to a job on completion.
Employers who want to use Skills Bootcamps for their existing employees contribute 30% of the cost.
Existing employees may need time to study and attend classes depending on their working hours and status and the flexibility of the course.
Employers must provide:
- a safe work environment
- an induction which includes explaining relevant policies and procedures
- a line manager to support, supervise and mentor the student
- a guaranteed interview as part of the Skills Bootcamp provision
Benefits of Skills Bootcamps
They help you:
- develop a loyal and talented workforce with the skills you need
- futureproof your business in a rapidly changing labour market
- improve your productivity; learners are motivated to learn new skills, provide new ideas and a fresh perspective
- recruit staff with the right training and skills from the outset
- get access to a pipeline of skilled adults at no cost by working with existing Skills Bootcamp providers
Offer a Skills Bootcamps
Get started with offering Skills Bootcamps and find providers offering courses in your area.
- T Levels: industry placements
- Sector-based Work Academy Programme (SWAP)
- Supported Internships for learners with an education, health and care plan
- Care-Leaver covenant
- Employing prisoners and prison leavers
- Higher Technical Qualifications (HTQs)
- Training outside of employment