Sector-based Work Academy Programme (SWAP)
Sector-based Work Academy Programmes (SWAPs) help prepare those receiving unemployment benefits to apply for jobs in a different area of work.
Placements run up to 6 weeks and are designed to help you recruit a workforce with the right skills to sustain and grow your business.
They are tailored to meet your recruitment needs, including pre-employment training, a work experience placement, and your guarantee of a job interview for participants.
Jobcentre Plus manages SWAPs in England and Scotland.
Free government scheme but you may have your own business costs.
In order for both businesses and individuals to benefit from the work experience placement, Jobcentre Plus will ask that you:
- explain what you need the scheme’s participants to do
- inform them of management and reporting arrangements
- encourage positive working relationships
- provide an overview of your business and its values and culture
- give a tour of the workplace
- provide guidance on using any equipment
- provide guidance on health and safety
- explain standard workplace practices such as security procedures, dress code, sick leave and absences and break times
Benefits of Sector-based Work Academy Programme (SWAP)
Find out how SWAP could benefit your business.
Offer a SWAP
Contact the Employer Services Line on 0800 169 0178
They will put you in touch with a local Jobcentre Plus employer team.
- T Levels: industry placements
- Sector-based Work Academy Programme (SWAP)
- Skills Bootcamps
- Supported Internships for learners with an education, health and care plan
- Care-Leaver covenant
- Employing prisoners and prison leavers
- Free courses and additional training for your employees