Employing prisoners and prison leavers
New Futures Network (NFN) arranges partnerships between prisons and employers in England and Wales. The three types of partnerships that NFN support with are:
- Prison industries
- Release on Temporary Licence (ROTL)
- Employment on release
These partnerships help you:
- fill skills gaps in your business
- reduce recruitment costs
- increase staff retention
- transform prison leavers' lives
Free government scheme but you may have your own business costs. If you recruit someone you must pay the minimum wage.
Employers need to provide:
- a safe work environment
- a line manager to support, supervise and mentor
- an induction which includes explaining relevant policies and procedures
Benefits of Employing prisoners and prison leavers
Over 400 businesses already work in partnership with prisons to provide work and employment opportunities.
Of those surveyed, more than 80% of employers positively rated those they employed as reliable and hard-working.
Read about how businesses are working with serving prisoners and hiring prison leavers.
Offer prisoners and prison leavers employment
Register your interest on the New Futures Network website.
A member of the team will be in touch to discuss the process.
- T Levels: industry placements
- Sector-based Work Academy Programme (SWAP)
- Skills Bootcamps
- Higher Technical Qualifications (HTQs)
- Supported Internships for learners with an education, health and care plan
- Care-Leaver covenant
- Employing prisoners and prison leavers
- Free courses and additional training for your employees